Being a woman or man has a significant influence on health due to gender-related and biological differences. Women’s health is of great concern because, in several societies, they often face discrimination in sociocultural factors. Surveys have revealed that girls and women are more vulnerable to HIV/AIDS. The sociocultural factors responsible for poor women’s health include:
- Sexual, emotional, or physical violence
- Fewer opportunities for education and employment
- More focus on reproductive roles
If you have been victim of physical violence, get in touch with Melbourne criminal lawyers they can provide you with legal advice and help you finding justice.
Some health problems are only faced by women, such as menopause, pregnancy, and issues with female organs. A healthy pregnancy can only be possible with regular and early prenatal care. Women are highly recommended to get screenings for cervical cancer, bone density, and breast cancer once they reach age 50.
Men and women are exposed to several health issues, but some of these issues affect women differently. For instance,
- Women have more chances of death after a heart attack
- Women are likely to experience anxiety and depression as compared to men
- Urinary tract infections are more common among women
- Osteoarthritis affects women more than men
- Sexually transmitted diseases can have a severe impact on women as compared to men. Check out Pregnancy Resource Center and get free STD testing.
- Gall stones occur more in females than in males
- Nearly 18% of females in the United States suffer from migraine headache as compared to just 6% of males
- Imitable bowel syndrome is often observed in women
- Kidney infections and bladder infections frequently affect females than males. Kidney disease can result in high blood pressure that is why women are likely to have hypertension after age 50
- Autoimmune disorders are more common in females than in males. Some of these disorders include multiple sclerosis rheumatoid arthritis and lupus
- Osteoporosis affects women more as compared to men. Studies have revealed that women lose almost half of the skeletal mass by age 65. Women healthcare clinics can examine their bone density so that further bone loss can be prevented.
- Lung cancer is found to be the major cause of death among women. Smoking is the main cause of this disease that’s why smoking cessation is necessary to minimize the damage and optimize long-term health
Beside all these diseases and health problems, women also suffer from menopause and pregnancy complications. So, to cope up with these health issues, women are advised to visit a healthcare center regularly. Early screening can play a crucial role in staying fit and healthy. Women are highly recommended to undergo gynecological screenings every three years if they are sexually active. They are also advised to undergo breast examinations and mammography to prevent any serious disease.
The best healthcare center for women
Women can find hundreds of healthcare center in Florida, but it is important to choose a certified one. Florida Sports & Family Health Center is a certified and renowned healthcare center that specializes in women’s health. FSFHC has experienced doctors who remain on call 24 hours. An appointment is not necessary to get their healthcare services, as walk-ins are available to serve the maximum number of patients.