Hypertension or High Blood Pressure is a common illness among Americans. Approximately 75 million American adults have hypertension, which is 1 of every 3 adults. Only 54% of these individuals have succeeded in controlling their condition of high blood pressure. Moreover, nearly 29% of the Americans are also suffering from prehypertension. At the present time, United States is bearing a cost of $46 billion every year due to high blood pressure. This includes the cost of medications, healthcare services and absenteeism of patients from work.
Why It’s Important to Treat Hypertension in Orlando
Every year, hundreds of thousands of the Americans die because of hypertension as a main or contributory cause. High blood pressure enhances the risk for hazardous health conditions. Some of its negative consequences include:
- First Heart Attack: Nearly 7 out of every 10 individuals have hypertension when they experience their first heart attack.
- Kidney Disease: People suffering from high blood pressure also have more chances of kidney disease.
- Chronic Heart Failure: Approximately 7 out of every 10 individuals having chronic heart failure also have high blood pressure.
- First Stroke: Nearly 8 out of every 10 individuals have hypertension when they have their first stroke.
Although it is not possible to control all these risk factors, but some steps can be taken to control or prevent high blood pressure and its complexities. You can consult nephrology & hypertension medical associates about hypertension treatment.
How to Control High Blood Pressure
Since 1999, more individuals with hypertension, particularly above 60 years old, have become familiar with their situation and obtained treatment. Even most of the people diagnosed with this health condition are not getting proper care. Unfortunately, nearly 1 of 5 American adults with hypertension still don’t know about their condition. This is because its symptoms are not always visible. If this problem is left untreated, then severe complications can occur such as heart attack, stroke, kidney disease, or heart failure. Proactive approach is considered the best when dealing with hypertension. The best way to control high blood pressure is to visit the healthcare providers on regular basis. This strategy will help you control and prevent high blood pressure. Contact Carolina Cardiology Associates to help with pulmonary hypertension.
Now all of you must be thinking about the best healthcare provider who specializes in hypertension. Florida Sports & Family Health Care is regarded as the best healthcare center for high blood pressure in Orlando, Florida.
Why Choose Florida Sports & Family Health Care
Undoubtedly, hundreds of healthcare centers are operating in Orlando, Florida. So, what makes us different from others? And why you should choose us for hypertension? Let’s have a look on our competitive advantage:
- More than 20 years of experience
- We specialize in hypertension care
- Doctors are available on call 24 hours
- Appointments are not necessary
- High-quality health services
- Dedicated and friendly staff
- Walk-ins are also available
- Health insurance is not mandatory to avail our healthcare services