Immigration Physicals is an exam needed for people, who are looking to adjust their status to permanent residency in the US. Even if you don’t live here and are looking for the US migration, you have to undergo Immigration Physicals exam. This exam is necessary even for the people applying for US citizenship or seeking a Green card for employment. Migrating to the US is not easy as there are numerous formalities that you have to fulfill before you can migrate. This is a precautionary measure taken to ensure the safety and security of the people in the US. This medical exam is taken to make sure that the foreign nationals, who are suffering from certain diseases, are vaccinated according to the US laws.
The Immigration Physicals exam can be taken only by the licensed Civil Surgeon. The entire exam will include X-ray, blood tests, other medical tests and physical exam. Also, the medical history of the individual will be checked during the Immigration Physicals. It is not an extensive medical examination and so it cannot be replaced with the full medical examination taken by a healthcare professional.
What Happens During Immigration Physicals?
- The entire body of the individual will be checked, including the heart, lungs, kidney, abdomen, etc.
- The mental, as well as the physical condition of the individual, will be checked by the professional.
- An X-ray will be taken and different types of tests will be conducted. Required vaccines will also be administered to the individual.
- The professional will also check for any kind of deformity and diseases in the body.
- The individual will be asked a number of questions related to vaccine history, past medications, over the counter medications, diseases history, etc. these questions will be needed by the U.S Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
When the exam gets completed, the doctor will be having a form in which the results will be recorded. For people living outside the US, the results will be directly delivered to the respective consulate. For people living in the US, the doctor will send vaccination record, medical exam report and Form I-693 in a sealed envelope, which has to be given to the USCIS.
Who can be Rejected?
People suffering from certain medical disorders are not allowed to migrate to the US. The USCIS has the right to reject the candidates because of their health condition.
- The candidate can be rejected if he is suffering from drug addiction.
- Even people with mental disorder can be rejected as they can harm other people with their behavior.
- If the person is suffering from any kind of communicable diseases, he cannot migrate to the US as he can easily affect the US population at large.
- If the candidate cannot prove the authenticity of them being vaccinated, he is bound to get rejected.
Immigration Physicals exam is necessary if you are looking to migrate to the US or want to become a permanent US resident. The health standards set by the US have to be met by everyone willing to migrate to the US.